Tuesday, April 24, 2012

presents for the forest queen

They filed through the forest bearing gifts. The fox brought a smooth stone to wish on, the gnomes cakes and bread. Rabbit brought the crispest apple he could find, and the hedgehog brought a poem to recite. It was the birthday of the Forest Queen. A birthday not marking another year of her life, for her years were as numerous as there are stars in the sky. No this moonlit night marked the eve of her new baby's birth. By dusk the next day, a new spirit would be born and lain in a nest of soft moss. 

2 comments:

topalite said...

I absolute love your artwork, I have spent the best part of an afternoon delighting in all that you create. Even though I was born and raised in Australia, your imagery still takes me back to my childhood and possibly even other childhoods prior to this incarnation - you have a very precious gift - thank you <3 ~ Jo

topalite said...

I absolute love your artwork, I have spent the best part of an afternoon delighting in all that you create. Even though I was born and raised in Australia, your imagery still takes me back to my childhood and possibly even other childhoods prior to this incarnation - you have a very precious gift - thank you <3 ~ Jo