Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jack Sendak


A new piece I created for Julia Rothman's upcoming book The Who, the What and the When: 65 Artists Illustrate the Secret Accomplices of History, (Chronicle).

I was assigned Maurice Sendak's brother Jack, a writer, collaborator and extremely important figure in Maurice's life. I can really relate to those magical, safe spaces siblings create together. My own sister has been such a big source of inspiration, I quite literally don't know who I would be without her. 

BIG thanks to Julia for asking me to be a part of this project. 
I am so excited to see all of the amazing contributions come together! I am already so WOW'd by my friend Jensine's piece. 

2 comments:

Janey G said...

oh phoebe your work is glorious! Hi from a UK artist, i found you via Hettie Brown...i adore that maypole work well i adore all of them to be honest!x

Milla said...

<3